Saturday, March 26, 2016

on social etiquettes





…contd….



Looking at my face which had questioning look he continued “OK, let’s see it this way. First and foremost, people in general (I am talking about the majority) don’t think. Most don’t know that they can and should think. Next are the types who think that they are thinking but in actuality they don’t. Some know and want to think. They always talk of thinking but in real they don’t know that and how to think. The remaining few – only few actually think!

Because they think, they want to follow the crowd so that they can get away saying “But everybody does it”. moreover if they don’t follow the general rule, then

a.they stand apart from the crowd which is very frightening especially to these people

b. they’ll be judged by others and are afraid of tag of ‘bad man’. Because people who stand apart are not understood by the mass and moreover they shake the security blanket of masses. So, they are attacked and called names. These people don’t want to face the brick-bats. Only the strong and one who had courage can actually think and then follow his belief. Masses can’t!

c. not to follow the masses mean, they have ‘to think’ and that to most is the herculean task which they would avoid by all and every means.”
 
“Can’t believe there is so much to this!” said Sethu who had joined at the start of our conversation.

“So true! Following the usual trend or to be with the crowd helps people to identify with something that has large fan following” added Raman.


We sipped our fresh vegetable juices as we processed our talk. Daily after the walk, we would sit and drink some vegetable juice that a seller sold daily.

“Can you think of such irrelevant and baseless questions?” Sethu asked.

...contd....

1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Thank you for giving me a solution
After Vaibhav's post about the links I went back and checked the question that I asked and then started going through the solution and then I went on to see the older blogs and was checking the comments associated with them and then I saw my own comments and realised the change in me I have noticed the change in my thoughts at some places I have noticed mistakes initially I noticed that my levels of clarity of thought were very low I didn't know what to express now when I read the same I feel I should have expressed my self better thanks to Vaibhav because of his comment I have gone through the older posts of the blog and I had an all new experience of my self
Thank you Revathi Mam thank you reiki