Monday, February 19, 2018

My Guru – on intent and travelling!,




Contd....


My Guru – on intent and travelling!

“I have travelled to so many places and I visit all the important tourist spots in that place. I’ve travelled more than 30 countries and whole of India. But yet, I don’t understand what you are speaking of. I plan my itinery very carefully and check out everything to be done, seen at every place. I’ve had great fun yet I don’t relate to what you have just said. How come?” asked my co-ignorant from behind.

God! Where we glad he asked! Most of us had travelled a lot but she seemed ‘alien’ in her talk when she explained this ‘travelling experience’.

A person need not visit tourist places at all. Yet he would’ve had journeyed if he had wandered in the streets and by lanes of the city/towns he had visited. If he had interacted with locales, walked through it’s flee market he would have found himself. But one who goes visiting as per check-list comes back just the way he went – incomplete, irritated, bitter and lost.

One who comes home to the same setup and finds everything to be different and beautiful had ‘journeyed’ right! He knows he can’t go back to being ‘his previous self every again’! He knows he’s changed – for better and richer person! His boundaries have widened. He has broken many boundaries even without trying to. When he left his home he was his caste, his region, religion (Telugu, south Indian, Indian
etc...) et so.  But when he returns he’s lost them. He is a human – boundary less and above language, caste, religion and barriers. This is the ultimate purpose of travelling. Have you felt it? Lived it? Experienced it? If not, you haven’t travelled yet
inspite of visiting 30 countries” she said with an understanding smile. “The person who comes back with a baggage full of complaints and problems that he faced or that place of visit has then he had just visited that place. He has been a tourist. If he has stories to share, then he has been a traveller”



“Then why do you ask us to travel if we are not doing it right?”

Contd....


No comments: