Thursday, February 25, 2016

Me, My Guru




Me, My Guru

On Discipleship and giving 

(See how these trees raise to touch the sky by giving all that they have!)


  I was staying at my Guru’s place since two days. This was the first time I actually did this. I heard Nirmala talk about this stay to Kumar and I made enquiries of the same and joined them in their stay at my Guru’s place.


I found out that Vaibhav and Viplav, the twin brothers were to come from Venice for three days stay along with Nirmala and couple of other students. I also came to know that these twins came over for such stay every year for a minimum of 3 days and at such times Nimmy (as she was called by them) joined them.


For me, it was more of curiosity than anything. I’ve heard a lot about these twins and then yearly visit. I was curious to know why they came all the way from Europe and that too so regularly. What did they gain? Were they taught something special during such stays? I had lots of such questions spinning my head and I joined this group to have my questions answered.


Nimmy was of almost same age as the twins and they bonded really well. Their friendship I heard was of long standing and the way they understood each others' looks and cues proved it.


I sort of found it odd. I hadn’t seen such friendship ever! It was unique in more than one way! They didn’t even exchange words – just a glance was enough and all of them would laugh for good half an hour. They sort of completed each others’ sentences. Each one’s act and thought was to bring comfort to the other. Yet they maintained a décor which was both stately and pure in the air around it. They weren’t loud about their friendship.  Infact, they didn’t even voice it. they simply lived it. Yet one thing that strangely seemed to bind them together looked like our Guru and her well-being. Their every act, word, thought in the last two days circled only around doing something or the other for her. In these two days, I didn’t find them sit idle ever. When our Guru was in her room or elsewhere, they cleaned her entire place. They tended her plants, cooked for her, sang bhajans when she was reclining in her ‘easy-chair’. I must say that they had very good voices and Nimmy played violin beautifully as Vaibhav accompanied her with his flute. The music sessions were a treat but they lasted only as long as our Guru rested. They never over did any of their actions.

....contd.....

No comments: