Sunday, November 24, 2013

on Mahabharata






On 15th Nov we have a question posed "did the characters in Mahabharata know that they were just the characters in the great epic....?"


Krishna in Bhagavatgita says Arjuna “You and I are souls eternal and have been together on this journey since Janmas (births).  Only difference between you and me is that you don’t remember and I do”.  This clearly explains that even Arjuna doesn’t remember his past lives nor does he remember Krishna to be the Divine incarnate.  So, others knowing and playing the part is totally out of question.  

How to distinguish between the person who knows and the person who doesn’t know?

One who knows is balanced.
He is peaceful for he knows this to be a role that needs to be played.
He receives both the news of death and birth alike.
Doesn’t treat the person based on what he is but treats him based on what he can be.
His likes and dislikes don’t decide his actions, words or feel.
He hates the sin and not the sinner.
He works to correct the wrong and help the person who commits wrong in seeing what is wrong.

2 comments:

Kshitija said...

Awesome
Every one does not follow all the rituals such as I used to see people in my locality put volume for Dusshera or dewali

Kshitija said...

Awesome
Everyone does not follow the same rituals like some place Golu or bommala koluvu in their houses during the time of dussera and dewali but we never had it in our house when I asked my grandmother she said since we do not have that we donot perform that.
My question in can we put golu even if we dont have that acharam or do we have to follow what is said by them I only gave example of golu but there are many other things