Saturday, January 21, 2012


Yesterday, I got up at 5.30am as usual. But I didn’t have to rush to kitchen to cook and follow the mundane routine as one of the family members was not in station and the other required breakfast not before 8.30am. I had ample time in hand. I prepared tea and leisurely enjoyed it. It was just 6.00am.
Instinctly I went to the terrace. The view was something I wasn’t prepared for. It was awesome. It was so foggy that I couldn’t see buildings beyond 500 yards. The hills in the distant looked unreal. Crescent moon welcomed me to say ‘good morning’. Birds were flying in all directions, with their non-stop chirping. No one was to be seen. All windows and doors were closed. Only one elderly couple was walking in the terrace of next building. That’s all.
I let this scene sink in. Then I started walking, slowly at first and then briskly. It was awesome. The chill air touched my face and I felt I have come alive. I walked for 45 minutes. Sun peeped through the clouds slowly. As if it was checking to come or not. Its warm rays energized me and I came down energized. I took my bath – leisurely again in hot water and enjoyed it thoroughly. Next was yoga time. I did yoga for half an hour.
Day’s routine started then I was active, happy all through the day. I could go through the entire day’s events effortlessly. And all because of 45 minutes I spent with the nature. I promised myself, I would do it regularly from today.
8 years I stayed in the same building, yet I couldn’t experience it. It was free. It was available all along. All I had to do was set aside routine for half an hour and spend time with nature. That’s all.
Just practice… and let me know…!

No comments: