Monday, January 23, 2012


All through the life we are going behind things not within our reach and feel depressed. Complain, cry and suffer for not getting those things for ourselves. But, how many times I wonder today, we must have not validated, acknowledged, appreciated, valued, and enjoyed what was within our reach. Sunrise was just one example. The number of things missed out in life happens mostly to b the things within our reach but those which we did not look to – to enjoy! How sad!
Why? I questioned.
I got varied answers. Sometimes it was that we are busy chasing things far ahead of our time or things / events of the future. At times, I felt these ‘simple’ things were too ordinary. ‘What is so great about it’ attitude. To enjoy it, I believed (a) I have to pay a heavy price (b) I should not get it easy (c) Anything got unasked for is not special. How stupid of me?
Many a times, I was busy complaining, crying, cribbing, jealous of others to see what I have got, that I could actually cherish! May be if I had it, it wasn’t worth having it!
Sheer lethargy drove me to not take that ‘little’ step to experience that joy. ‘Since it was there forever and free, I could use it and enjoy it later, and I need not experience it now’ attitude!
Who is stopping us from enjoying all that we have?
Agreed, each of us has something that we lack and we need to work for it. But, that shouldn’t stop us from validating, enjoying and benefitting from all the simple daily doses of joys, right?
Today, I sat down to write down all the niceties that I already had and could enjoy! What about you?
All the best till I write again…!

No comments: