Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Veil-its fabric

The Fabric of Veil!

Been loooooooong since I wrote. But, I am sure you liked this break and some of you must have even used it usefully. Now, I would like to know how it had been used usefully by you all….it’s for you all to write down……

As you write down your journey, I’ll continue from where I left.

The fabric of this veil called Ego is carefully woven day by day everyday with lots of hard work and imagination with the threads of Belief systems, emotions and psychic impressions. And the funniest part is we work so hard to keep something that doesn’t exist i.e., ego intact all through our lives.

The complexity of this fabric is realized if we are aware of the symptoms like being judgemental, complaining nature, comparing ourselves with others, jumping from one emotion to another like from pain to anger to hatred to depression etc.

I’ll just go through few Belief Systems. You be Aware and catch your own belief systems that’s entrapping you to your ego. For couple of days, we’ll go through the Belief systems and then we’ll look into the various techniques that’ll help us to break these and more Belief Systems from our system.

How about “but then, we are not saints. These and such weakness in our character is so normal among us lesser mortals.”?
“To err is human” for a start.

The actual meaning behind these statements is :

I am happy with the weaknesses that I have. Stop asking me to be a Saint. (Again, I create one more belief system that only Saints need to be above weaknesses. To lead a normal life, one needs to have these ego manifestations such as anger, attachment, pain etc.). I want to create misery in my life and in the life of the people whom I say I love. And to do that, I need these weapons. So, don’t expect me to drop them.
By stating or limiting ourselves as simple humans we wish to get away with all our limitations and idiosyncrasies.

Who use it?

Everyone understands clearly the ego game, but still is so drunk by ego that he doesn’t want to drop it. One who says wants happiness, but actually works only for being Unhappy.

How to fix it?

Start by accepting that we are not humans. We are divine souls who have come for human experiences. I’ll choose the experience. I’ll not be run by my ego and its demands. Each time I have a thought “but it is natural for a human” immediately replace it with “but I am a divine, peaceful, loving soul”.

Next step would be “Start being Aware”. Now Awareness means Being Mindful. Being mindful of our own mind games, emotions etc and still not be a part of it. Just being a observer of our emotions.

Pranayamam helps in being in the moment. It helps in being Mindful.

Benefit after dropping it :

Peace and happiness becomes our natural state. Calm descends on our persona. The usual compliment from others would be “I feel so peaceful just being with you/ talking to you / thinking of you” etc. We’ll be able to see things for what they are and not for the projections that the incidents/persons make. Clarity of thought is one of the best gift one can gift oneself with. It helps to improve intra-personal relationships. It helps the productivity of the person. It helps to improve one’s health too. Not a bad bargain I would say. So think about it!

“It may be easy for you, but for us….” Please don’t come up with this statement now!

All I’ll have to say then would be :

“bas ke dushwar hai har kaam ka aasan hona
admi ko bhi mayasser nahin, insaan hona.”

It is indeed difficult for all work to be easy
It is not easy for man to be a human either.
(Or is it that even man doesn’t want to be a human either?)


As I come up with other belief systems, work on this one from this moment onwards (only for those who want Happiness!).

revathi


4 comments:

padmaja said...

nice to see again your posting on the belief system madam.the garland of the words has a huge impact on me.without the light of KANTIPADAM i feel i am empty.nice to see you back with nice subject mam.

mohan said...

Dum dee dum deee dum
only for those who want Happiness! :-)

If you drop ego and being aware of what you do...is it ok ?

Lo....will drop ego right now....

Kshitija said...

This post has helped me a lot today I have started my pranayama

Kshitija said...

I have gone through the post today and my take away from the post today is different