Sunday, May 17, 2009

surender

Surender

The most common statement I get to hear after all the explanation given is “But, I know all this. It’s just that I can’t apply it in my life because of X,Y, Z reasons.”
“Talking about all this is fine, but for people like us who lead normal lives to live like that is simply impossible”
“Yes, I understand completely. But, I am just not able to apply in such and such situation. But, I understand very clearly”.

All these statements apply to any or all belief systems, clarity of thought and to every issue I have dealt.
When it becomes impossible to drop the ego then it is time we surrender to the Ultimate to help us in dropping the ego.

Deliver me from my own shadows, my lord, from the wrecks and confusion of my days.
For the night is dark so hold my hand
Deliver me from despair
Touch with thy flame the lightless lamp of my sorrow
Waken my tired strength from its sleep
Do not let me linger behind counting my losses
For the night is dark hold my hand!

Will do the explanation tomorrow as you digest the above poem today…

revathi

1 comment:

vijayalakshmi said...

Sometimes I’m confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn’t obvious.

There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.