Thursday, December 5, 2013

Me, My Guru



The Truth

“But, till the Ultimate Truth is realized which is Absolute, Truth is always relative” I heard her say as I entered her premises.

Even without bothering to understand what was being discussed, I questioned her “But, how can Truth be relative? It means, my Truth is different from yours - Which is nonsense.  Truth should be same for both. Right?”

She smiled and continued “Yesterday, my aunt who hadn’t met me for the past 10 years came to meet me and the moment she saw me she said “Why have you put on so much weight? Is your health fine?”

In the evening my friend who’s gone to USA for 6 months came to meet me and the moment she saw me she said “wow! What did you do to lose weight?”

Inspite of stating the opposites, both were right.  How come? Because, they were making the statement from the mental picture they already have of me and I was fat/thin with relation to that image that they carried of me. So you see, both of them made a statement which was Truthful yet varied from each other because it was relative. Get it!”


I nodded my head in affirmative yet my mind was not able to totally digest this fact.  I understood this yet didn’t completely like most of her statements.  I had to sit on this.  She continued talking to others as I lost myself to this statement. ……

No comments: