Saturday, December 14, 2013

Me, My Guru



…contd….

How simple was her answer when I asked her the other day “How do I learn from things around me?”! she simply had said “Look at the leaf”. That day I thought she wasn’t answering my question.  Today, I know she had given me the solution to my query – it took me so long to understand that answer. 

Yes, I had to ‘do’ what she asked me to, to actually experience what I wanted to.  And that ‘doing’ was not a one-time thing.  It had to be done repeatedly to actually get the benefit from it.  Now, I understood why she said “if you want to understand something then read it not once but 30-40 times”.  I now knew why.  Only when we repeatedly did that did we actually understand it layer by layer.  Understanding has different facets and layers to it.  It has to be got by patience and practice.  Hence, whenever I asked her “have I understood it correctly?” she never answered with “yes”.  Instead she would ask me to look further.  I thanked her for not being pushy in teaching and helping me to learn at my pace.  I thanked her for helping me to experience having these insights on my own.  Unless I had these insights on my own, I would simply be parroting it and not saying it as my understanding.  She knew it and hence never gave ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answers……

I think I should thank myself for giving myself such a Guru…..i smiled at this thought!




1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Today I really want to say some thing I started taking tutions and now i understood many thing u said .ur always teaching in ur silence too isn't it wonderful.I want to explain it in detail i don't have proper words now so would write in the next comment