Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bhagavatam - The Story of Krishna



...cond....

If karma can be healed, why it couldn't heal Parikshit's curse and save him from Takshak's  bite?

After having heard the glory of Lord, that too from none less than Sukha Brahma, the soul would want to reach the Lord at the earliest - not want to save this perishable body from some untoward event! So, Parikshit accepted his fate as a blessing and an excuse to drop this body and merge with the Lord!

"It means if I listen to Bhagavatam on Last seven days of my life, I'll be liberated right?"

"I need not listen to it now - I can wait till my end time and when it comes, I can listen to Bhagavatam - right?"

How senseless are these questions by themselves! (yes, they are not imaginery but asked questions...)  Can you be sure of knowing the date of your death? is the question that I ask these people.  Then, when will you decide to read the sciptures?  Death can happen anytime.  Now, is also the time for death.  But, somehow, we don't seem to realize that!  That's the greatest lie we tell to ourselves and go on existing as if we had no end....It's a miracle!  And people want proof of miracle from me!  Seeing death all around us and still going on planning life for 100 years and more - is it not miracle? It is!

Well coming to Bhagavatam, hence reading, listening or talking about it NOW is the right thing to do.  If I listen, read once, I'll become immortal right?  No, it is not to do with the physicality of this Act.  First understand, why they say that listening/ reading Bhagavatam makes us immortal.  When you read / listen with total Bhakthi, Trust, Surrendrance, humility and attention we get to know the glory of the Lord.  Lord being Krishna here!   Remember, when listened with these five qualities - qualities being important.

...contd....

No comments: