Sunday, September 9, 2012

Leaves from the pages of my life.......



Today, I received lots of calls.  And later I realize that all these phones had one thing in common – their gratitude for me.  Each one was talking about his/her benefit and then wound up saying they owe all that to me.  Each one thanked me for transforming them and their lives.  Few had widened their perspective.  They felt love, peace and goodness  is flowing more in their lives thanks to their own changed attitudes.  And that they said was because of a word, a sentence, a story that I had shared with them.

That really set me thinking.  Was I really instrumental in changing and shaping their lives?  If yes, how come not every person in their class/batch had benefited equally so?  Can I take the credit for their transformation?  Then I realized, class had been the same for all.  I had been the same for all.  Infact all those who called me today, hadn’t even had chance of talking to me personally.  They had just attended the class in a group of 6-10 and left silently.  That’s it.  Yet, here they owed up their joy and success to me.  Then how the people who have spent more than a decade with me haven’t benefited so much?  Proportionately they are to benefit that many times more – Right?  It’s simple maths and it’s logical.  Yet it was not to be.  I have found that benefit that a person gets to receive it NOT proportionate to their proximity to me.  Does that mean I didn't bring about that joy in these peoples’ (who proclaimed so)life?  Yes, I did.  But, I was just an instrument in bringing about that change and abundance in their lives.  I showed them the path and told them how to avoid the pits and falls and gave techniques to fasten their speed in reaching their goals.  That’s all!  That particular individual walked the path.  They followed most of the don’ts and do’s and benefited enroute. 
                                                            ........contd......

No comments: