Thursday, October 22, 2009

PUT THE GLASS DOWN

On Putting the Glass Down

Professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students "How much do you think this glass weighs?"'50gms!’..... '100gms!' .....'125gms' ...the students answered. 

"I really don't know unless I weigh it," said the professor, "but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?"

'Nothing' …..the students said.'

Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?' the professor asked.

'Your arm would begin to ache' said one of the student"

You're right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?"

"Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress, paralysis and have to go to hospital for sure!" ….. ventured another student and all the students laughed.

"Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?" asked the professor.

'No'…. Was the answer.

"Then what caused the arm ache and the muscle stress?

"The students were puzzled.

"What should I do now to come out of pain?" asked professor again.

"Put the glass down!" said one of the students

"Exactly!" said the professor.

Life's problems are something like this. Hold it for a few minutes in your head and they seem OK.Think of them for a long time and they begin to ache. Hold it even longer and they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything.It's important to think of the challenges or problems in your life, But EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to 'PUT THEM DOWN' at the end of every day before You go to sleep..That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh and strong and can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!

'PUT THEM DOWN' is the other word for detachment. Detachment doesn't mean that I am not involved. It just means I am not carrying my pains and failures or any such psychic impressions with me to the bed and thereby am fresh and strong enough to handle the situations of life the best possible way the next day.....

Let our new tag be "Am i carrying junk?" from today to remind others of the 'put them down' need....

2 comments:

monali said...

It indeed does paralyze!:-)
Although not related to the article above, i wanted to share two of my recent experiences with reiki.
1) My aunt has a pet dog for several years now. She suddenly called to inform me that her dog was missing and if i could do reiki. I, along with my mother and sister, sent reiki that the dog be back home as soon as possible. Although, after 24 hours they thought that the dog must have died, i still felt she would get it back somehow. Then suddenly a man (who had actually taken the dog with him), came searching for the owner of the dog in the same area. It's hard to believe that they took the dog 40kms away and then got it back!
2) My sister's friend informed us that his brother sai charan, is not to be found anywhere. We immediately did the needful. The boy was, apparently kidnapped and taken to Guntur. Surprisingly, after four days, the kidnappers left him back at Hyderabad with no demands of ransom whatsoever! I fall short of words of gratitude whenever i think about this.
I thank all the reiki channels who sent reiki for him.
Thank you reiki, thank you guruji. :-)

Anonymous said...

the article is nice but,pls let me understand one thing!

generally when one feels stressed with problems and seems that he's lost all his hope,people would say "dont get disheartened!instead of feeling tormented by problems,arise n fight with them!they'll be gone.....".if we leave them unattended just by putting them down,how can we get them solved?

pls explain how to respond to that type of situations