Monday, October 7, 2024

Me, my guru – Karna receives what he gives!

 


Me, my guru – Karna receives what he gives!




Like many days before, we came to our Guru’s place with our baggage of frustrations, anger and accusations. In fact, I’ve noticed that most of us would come only with our complaints. We didn’t even think of her much (though we ended up saying ‘we think daily of you maam’ when we met her!!) in our good times. I mean, who had time to go meet a Guru in times of fun and frolic. And then, who wanted to??


But when things didn’t go our way, we went to her place demanding explanations. Today was one such day!

“Guruji, my mother went to temple regularly, did lots of Pooja, knew so many shlokas (sacred mantras) and yet no one came to take care of her in her last days. So, what is the purpose of doing Pooja, chanting and being religious?” asked one among us.

Others joined her with their set of questions.


“My father was such a gentle soul and yet he died. Why?”

“why did God take away my mother from me? I’ve been doing charity work for so long”.

“My mom fed one and all. And yet, in her last days, not one came to feed her. Why be good in such a bad World?”


The questions were many. The examples given were many too. And yet, they all had just one question “Why the person’s sadhan and good deeds didn’t reflect in the way they died or how come good deeds didn’t stop their death?”

Our Guru didn’t answer immediately. She received a call. She went to receive that. In the meantime, we were served our tea. A few minutes later our Guru joined us. She sat comfortably and had her tea as we poured our heart out.

Contd......

# me my Guru, Karna, Mahabharata, Itihaasa of India, on receiving and giving, Law of Karma, suffering and pain, good deeds and their repercussions, acts and their impact, how our deeds decide our fate, fate and destiny, choices, dharm, 

also read suggested https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2009/07/on-cheating.html



No comments: